The Foundations of Novell Networking: NetWare 6.5 course (Course 3016)
enables entry-level networking professionals to perform common administrative
tasks using NetWare 6.5. Attendees install NetWare 6.5 and perform tasks
often required of employees who provide "front line" support
for a NetWare 6.5 installation and/or employees who serve as entry-level
administrators of small to medium-sized networks. This course introduces
attendees to the solutions provided by NetWare 6.5 that make it a stable
and powerful kernel/OS for deployment in an enterprise environment.
- Install NetWare 6.5 and Novell Client
- Set up and manage user objects in Novell's eDirectory
- Manage storage and file services
- Implement file and eDirectory rights
- Manage print services
- Set up the Virtual Office in NetWare 6.5
- Manage and remotely manage the NetWare 6.5 server
As part of the classroom instruction, students work with multiple lab
exercises to help them practically apply course concepts and reinforce
their proficiency with features and management utilities in NetWare 6.5.
The learning objectives included in this course are used to derive a certification
test for the Certified Novell Administrator (CNA) on NetWare 6.5.